Re: Getting PSQL in Windows to support TAB/Autocomplete via modified readline... - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Getting PSQL in Windows to support TAB/Autocomplete via modified readline...
Date
List pgsql-general
> I think it'd be easier to deal with this if COMPLETE_WITH_* caused the the
> containing function to return. Then the completions wouldn't need to be in one
> huge if-else if. Leaving msvc aside, that also seems nice for efficiency.

Yeah, that could be an easy quick-fix.  We'd need to refactor so that
the cleanup housekeeping at the bottom of psql_completion() was in a
wrapper function, but perhaps that wouldn't be too messy.

            regards, tom lane