Re: [INTERFACES] lo_export & pgaccess - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Constantin Teodorescu
Subject Re: [INTERFACES] lo_export & pgaccess
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
"Ken J. Wright" wrote:

> Redhat 5.2
> PostgreSQL 6.5
> Compiled with --with-tcl (./configure --with-tcl).
>
> pgaccess has error, couldn't load file libpgtcl.so: undefined symbol:
> lo_export
>
> ldconfig was run & pgaccess does show the correct path to libpgtcl in the
> error message. Any suggestions?

Presuming that libpgtcl.so was corectly installed in
/usr/local/pgsql/lib directory, on a RedHat 5.2 I usually make a
symbolic link :

ln -s /usr/local/pgsql/lib/libpgtcl.so.2.0 /lib/libpgtcl.so

and it works.

Your error is quite a bit strange because pgacces does not use any of
the large_object functions in libpgtcl.so !!!

Best regards,
--
Constantin Teodorescu
FLEX Consulting Braila, ROMANIA