Re: [INTERFACES] lo_export & pgaccess - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Ken J. Wright
Subject Re: [INTERFACES] lo_export & pgaccess
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
At 04:20 06/28/1999 +0000, you wrote:
>"Ken J. Wright" wrote:
>>
>> Redhat 5.2
>> PostgreSQL 6.5
>> Compiled with --with-tcl (./configure --with-tcl).
>>
>> pgaccess has error, couldn't load file libpgtcl.so: undefined symbol:
>> lo_export
>>
>> ldconfig was run & pgaccess does show the correct path to libpgtcl in the
>> error message. Any suggestions?
>
>Presuming that libpgtcl.so was corectly installed in
>/usr/local/pgsql/lib directory, on a RedHat 5.2 I usually make a
>symbolic link :
>
>ln -s /usr/local/pgsql/lib/libpgtcl.so.2.0 /lib/libpgtcl.so
>
>and it works.
>
>Your error is quite a bit strange because pgacces does not use any of
>the large_object functions in libpgtcl.so !!!

It fails with or without the symbolic link, as it's finding it's way to the
same libpgtcl.so ok. I'm thinking there must be something wrong with the
build, but I'm not sure where to look. Are there other options besides
--with-tcl that are required?

Ken