Re: [INTERFACES] pgaccess and RH 6.0? - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Thomas Lockhart
Subject Re: [INTERFACES] pgaccess and RH 6.0?
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
> When I try to run pgaccess under RedHat 6.0, I get the
> following:
>   Error in startup script: couldn't load file "libpgtcl.so":
> /usr/lib/libpgtcl.so: undefined   symbol: crypt
>       while executing
>   "load libpgtcl.so"
>       (procedure "main" line 6)
>       invoked from within
>   "main $argc $argv"
>       (file "/usr/bin/pgaccess" line 4954)
>
> Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this?

Yup. You need to add "-lcrypt" to the Makefile or Makefile.in in the
src/interfaces/libpgtcl/ directory, then in that directory do a "make
clean install". Things should work after that. I added this just after
the "-lpq" in the same file...
                   - Thomas

South Pasadena, California