Re: [HACKERS] GROUP BY fixes committed - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Thomas Lockhart
Subject Re: [HACKERS] GROUP BY fixes committed
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Also, the problem Michael Davis reported on 4/29 seems to be in the
> parser:
> insert into si_tmpVerifyAccountBalances select invoiceid+3, memberid, 1,
> TotShippingHandling from InvoiceLineDetails where TotShippingHandling <> 0
> and InvoiceLinesID <= 100 group by invoiceid+3, memberid,
> TotShippingHandling;
> ERROR:  INSERT has more expressions than target columns
> since that error message appears only in the parser.  Thomas, did you
> change anything recently in parsing of INSERT ... SELECT?

Not that I know of. And I'm not sure what you mean by "recently". I've
looked at the CVS logs but those don't help much because, especially
for patches submitted by others, there is a generic description
entered into the log which can't possibly describe the fixes in the
particular file. *sigh*

Anyway, I'd lost the thread. Did Michael say that this is a
recently-introduced problem?
                    - Tom

South Pasadena, California