Re: White paper on very big databases - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Jonah H. Harris
Subject Re: White paper on very big databases
Date
Re: White paper on very big databases
Re: White paper on very big databases
Re: White paper on very big databases
List pgsql-advocacy
On Wed, Feb 4, 2009 at 12:09 PM, Joshua D. Drake <jd@commandprompt.com> wrote:
Well therein lies the problem. CMD has a customer with a multi-terrabyte
table (not including the rest of the database) but we can't really talk
about it :(

IIRC, EnterpriseDB had one customer with over 1TB of data, but they too would have been hush-hush about it.  When I was consulting, I saw very few Postgres databases at or over 1TB.  While Postgres can handle fairly large data sets, it lacks some fairly important VLDB features which is probably why there are so few people with multi-terabyte PG databases.  Perhaps JD/Fetter know of more, but I can count the ones I know of at < 10.

--
Jonah H. Harris, Senior DBA
myYearbook.com