Re: White paper on very big databases - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Robert Treat
Subject Re: White paper on very big databases
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On Wednesday 04 February 2009 04:20:11 Jean-Paul Argudo wrote:
> The study has to be based on real usecases, so, the first thing is that
> every usecase may become of public knowledge. So I don't want someone
> telling me "we have 5 Tb here, we do it this way.. but shhh don't tell
> my name". This will not work, because detractors may say everything in
> the study is wrong, false and pro-PostgreSQL...

Do you have an idea of how much specific company information you need? We
manage multi Tb db's (we've done postgres, oracle, and mysql btw), and we are
able to talk about some of our clients  implementations, but for the most
part our customers would prefer to be left out of the conversation. This was
good enough for Sun:
http://www.sun.com/third-party/srsc/resources/postgresql/postgre_success_dwp.pdf
If that level of detail is good enough for you, please drop me a line, we'd be
happy to help out.

--
Robert Treat
Conjecture: http://www.xzilla.net