Re: Problem with recent PostgreSQL relatedpressrelease - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Jonah H. Harris
Subject Re: Problem with recent PostgreSQL relatedpressrelease
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On 7/13/07, Joshua D. Drake <jd@commandprompt.com> wrote:
> That kind of makes my point :)

What point?  That using Oracle-proprietary syntax isn't compatible
with PostgreSQL?  I don't know anyone who would think that it would
be.

In fact, we have several customers who run EnterpriseDB, but choose
not to utilize the Oracle compatibility features.  Which gives them
the option of going to PostgreSQL should they ever want to.

The fact is, if you write a PostgreSQL-only app, it will run perfectly
on PostgreSQL or EnterpriseDB.  Like Dave and I said, it's
EnterpriseDB's policy to ensure that PostgreSQL compatibility is fully
maintained.

--
Jonah H. Harris, Software Architect | phone: 732.331.1324
EnterpriseDB Corporation            | fax: 732.331.1301