Re: CONNECT BY PRIOR - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jonah H. Harris
Subject Re: CONNECT BY PRIOR
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hey Simon,

I'm doing some research into recursive query planning in terms of theory as-well-as actual implementation in other RDBMS.  Let me get back to you when I have some more definitive info.

On 11/14/05, Simon Riggs <simon@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
On Sat, 2005-11-12 at 15:27 -0500, Jonah H. Harris wrote:

> I am working on the standard WITH syntax for recursive query support
> and hope to get it into 8.2.

Sounds interesting.

What approach are you taking to the plan shape? The current approach
would be to have additional plan nodes for each join. Coping with a
dynamic number of operations will do interesting things in the planner.

I face a similar dynamic problem with joins to partitioned tables.

Do you have any thoughts about this area?

Best Regards, Simon Riggs