Re: Saving result set of SELECT to table column - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Robins Tharakan
Subject Re: Saving result set of SELECT to table column
Date
List pgsql-performance
Hi Patric,

This doesn't seem to be a question pertaining to the PERFORM queue.

If I understand you correctly, this should solve your problems, without the need for any RULES / TRIGGERS.

CREATE TABLE y
(
  y1 int4 NOT NULL,
  y2 varchar,
  CONSTRAINT a PRIMARY KEY (y1)
)

CREATE TABLE z
(
  z1 int4 NOT NULL,
  z2 varchar,
  CONSTRAINT zz PRIMARY KEY (z1)
)

CREATE TABLE x
(
  x1 int4 NOT NULL,
  xy1 int4 NOT NULL,
  xz1 int4 NOT NULL,
  xy2 varchar,
  xz2 varchar,
  CONSTRAINT xa PRIMARY KEY (x1),
  CONSTRAINT xy1 FOREIGN KEY (xy1)
      REFERENCES y (y1) MATCH SIMPLE
      ON UPDATE NO ACTION ON DELETE NO ACTION,
  CONSTRAINT xz1 FOREIGN KEY (xz1)
      REFERENCES z (z1) MATCH SIMPLE
      ON UPDATE NO ACTION ON DELETE NO ACTION
)