Re: [HACKERS] Postgres Speed or lack thereof - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Vadim Mikheev
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Postgres Speed or lack thereof
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Michael Meskes wrote:

> On Sun, Jan 17, 1999 at 07:23:15PM -0800, Tom wrote:
> >   This also wouldn't you give you any benefit from "prepare" that would
> > speed up repeated executions of the same statement.  PostgreSQL does allow
> > statements to be prepared right?  If it doesn't, chances are COPY has a
>
> Since when? I thought we're still looking for someone to implement it, i.e.
> at least the PREPARE statement.

1. PG can handle prepared queries.  Parser & Planner can parse/plan (i.e. prepare) query with  parameters once, so such
preparedquery can be executed   many times by executor without parser/planner invocation.

2. We have to implement some interface to use this ability.

Vadim