Re: [HACKERS] Postgres Speed or lack thereof - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Postgres Speed or lack thereof
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Vadim Mikheev <vadim@krs.ru> writes:
> For the table with single int4 column & 2000 INSERTs I have:

> BEGIN/END:        3.5sec        ~600insert/sec
> Without:          151sec        ~13insert/sec

> (IDE disk!)

> I guess that you don't use -F flag..?

*Do* use -F, you meant of course.  You're right, I do.  With an
fsync after every transaction, I'm sure my test would've been much
slower.

However, with a UPS and an OS that only crashes about once every
other year, I feel pretty secure using -F ...