Re: AWL: postgres odbc woes, continued ....... - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Byron Nikolaidis
Subject Re: AWL: postgres odbc woes, continued .......
Date
List pgsql-interfaces

Thomas G. Lockhart wrote:

> > This is a physical socket connection problem.  The Socket Info (above)
> > shows errornumber=4, which is a failure in the connect()
> > system call.    At this point in communications, protocol has not have
> > come into play yet.
> > I would suggest checking to see if the postmaster is running with -i,
> > and can connect from the machine, and all that network jazz.
>
> I copied the older version's source code to the new tree and it worked
> fine. No other changes, and I left postmaster running in between these
> tests.

I was looking at the logfile again, and this might explain it.  Notice the
port has some junk in it.  That would make the connect() call fail
alright.CC_connect(): DSN = 'Test', server = 'localhost', port = '',
database = 'test', username= 'tgl', password='no$way'

I'm not sure why the port has that stuff.  It could be a bug, but check your
odbcinst.ini and odbc.ini files for anything weird.

Byron