Re: AWL: postgres odbc woes, continued ....... - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Thomas G. Lockhart
Subject Re: AWL: postgres odbc woes, continued .......
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
> This is a physical socket connection problem.  The Socket Info (above)
> shows errornumber=4, which is a failure in the connect()
> system call.    At this point in communications, protocol has not have
> come into play yet.
> I would suggest checking to see if the postmaster is running with -i,
> and can connect from the machine, and all that network jazz.

I copied the older version's source code to the new tree and it worked
fine. No other changes, and I left postmaster running in between these
tests.

Are there any things to look at that a successful psql would not be
testing? I've also tried psql -h localhost...

                   - Tom