Re: [DOCS] Re: New logo PostreSQL - Mailing list pgsql-docs

From Nick Bastin
Subject Re: [DOCS] Re: New logo PostreSQL
Date
List pgsql-docs
Bruce Momjian wrote:

> > http://www.parc.xerox.com
> >   simple look, but very dynamic action
> >   (scrappy, run your mouse across the menus)
>
> I didn't like this.  Too much white space, did not spread across page.

What, exactly, is spread?  If you mean 'width' across the page, not
having it is, IMHO, a good idea.  I like a clean narrow (possibly long)
page.  I don't know about anybody else, but I like to do other things
when I'm browsing the web, and narrow pages give me more screen real
estate to do that (it's more intuitive to scroll down than across).
Wide pages are a pain on small displays, and waste precious screen space.

Just my $0.02

--
Nick Bastin - RBB Systems, Inc.
Out hme0, through the Cat5K, Across the ATM backbone, through the