Re: [INTERFACES] JServ + PostgreSQL 6.3 - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Dallas Hockley
Subject Re: [INTERFACES] JServ + PostgreSQL 6.3
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
Two thoughts.

The servlet code would help a fair bit in this instance.  I've got the identical
setup running quite successfully with multiple servlets on a Linux box.  So I
know there is a solution.

Second, the socket is locked either by another process, or another previous
instance of ther servlet running.  I think the /tmp file messages may be
secondary exception traps at higher levels, depending on the code.  ie: the
exception is dropping through, and/or being rethrown after the failed bind, or
the fail to bind triggers a cascade of errors in the coding assumptions
afterwards.

The checkVersions program isn't part of the 1.1.6 distribution, so I assume you
have a class loading at runtime or some such thing.  Again, the source would
help, but the path it references on the class would *not* be permitted to be
accessed by the servlet for loading from the .conf file you included from what I
understand the setup to be.  The binary is/is in /usr/local/java/bin/java, and
the classpath for loading is in the subs of jserv, or the standard lib
classes.zip.  How is checkVersion being called/implemented?

Like I say, I know the solution is there, but I need a bit more info to help you
get to it!  :-)

Cheers,

Dallas Hockley
hockleyd@cybersurf.net

Prem Kurian Philip wrote:

> Hello All,
> I have JDK 1.1.6 and JServ 0.9.11 on Apache 1.3.3. I am able to get the
> servlets to work but I am not able to get the servlets which access
> the postgresql 6.3 JDBC to work correctly.
>
> I get the following message in the JServ error file.
>
> Exception creating server socket: java.net.BindException: Address already
> in use
> /usr/local/java/bin/../bin/checkVersions: /tmp/ldd.out.363: Permission denied
> /usr/local/java/bin/../bin/checkVersions: /tmp/ldd.out.363: No such file or
> directory
>
> For your information, all users have been given complete read/write access
> to the /tmp directory.
>
> By the way, the servlet runs perfectly well when executed seperately and not
> as a servlet albeit with the following error messages.
>
> /usr/local/java/bin/../bin/checkVersions: /tmp/ldd.out.363: Permission denied
> /usr/local/java/bin/../bin/checkVersions: /tmp/ldd.out.363: No such file or
> directory
>
> I have given below the parts from the httpd.conf file
>
> httpd.conf
> <IfModule mod_jserv.c>
> ServletProperties /usr/local/java/jserv/servlet.properties
> ServletBinary     /usr/local/java/bin/java
> ServletClassPath
> /usr/local/java/lib/classes.zip:/usr/local/java/jserv/servclas
> ses.zip:/usr/local/java/jserv/classes
> ServletEnvironment NS_JAVA true
>
> #ServletClassPath  /usr/local/java/jserv/servclasses.zip
> #ServletClassPath  /usr/local/java/jserv/src
> ServletAlias      /servlets /usr/local/java/jserv/servlets
> ServletErrorLog   /usr/local/java/jserv/jserv_errors.log
> ServletAuthExport On
>         AddHandler      jhtml-parser .jhtml
>         Action          jhtml-parser
> /usr/local/java/jserv/servlets/org.apache.j
> serv.JServSSI
> </IfModule>
>
> Any ideas ? Any help will be greatly appreciated. Do I need to make
> any specific changes in the servlet.properties file ?
>
> Regards,
> Prem

Attachment