JServ + PostgreSQL 6.3 - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Prem Kurian Philip
Subject JServ + PostgreSQL 6.3
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
Hello All,
I have JDK 1.1.6 and JServ 0.9.11 on Apache 1.3.3. I am able to get the
servlets to work but I am not able to get the servlets which access
the postgresql 6.3 JDBC to work correctly.

I get the following message in the JServ error file.

Exception creating server socket: java.net.BindException: Address already
in use
/usr/local/java/bin/../bin/checkVersions: /tmp/ldd.out.363: Permission denied
/usr/local/java/bin/../bin/checkVersions: /tmp/ldd.out.363: No such file or
directory

For your information, all users have been given complete read/write access
to the /tmp directory.

By the way, the servlet runs perfectly well when executed seperately and not
as a servlet albeit with the following error messages.

/usr/local/java/bin/../bin/checkVersions: /tmp/ldd.out.363: Permission denied
/usr/local/java/bin/../bin/checkVersions: /tmp/ldd.out.363: No such file or
directory

I have given below the parts from the httpd.conf file

httpd.conf
<IfModule mod_jserv.c>
ServletProperties /usr/local/java/jserv/servlet.properties
ServletBinary     /usr/local/java/bin/java
ServletClassPath
/usr/local/java/lib/classes.zip:/usr/local/java/jserv/servclas
ses.zip:/usr/local/java/jserv/classes
ServletEnvironment NS_JAVA true

#ServletClassPath  /usr/local/java/jserv/servclasses.zip
#ServletClassPath  /usr/local/java/jserv/src
ServletAlias      /servlets /usr/local/java/jserv/servlets
ServletErrorLog   /usr/local/java/jserv/jserv_errors.log
ServletAuthExport On
        AddHandler      jhtml-parser .jhtml
        Action          jhtml-parser
/usr/local/java/jserv/servlets/org.apache.j
serv.JServSSI
</IfModule>

Any ideas ? Any help will be greatly appreciated. Do I need to make
any specific changes in the servlet.properties file ?

Regards,
Prem