Pgaccess database connection fails - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Venkatesh Raghavan
Subject Pgaccess database connection fails
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
Hi all,
I am new to this list and postgresql and pgaccess as well.

I have installed postgres6.4 and pgaccess on my Linux (Slackware 3.4)
machine.
postgresql is running okay and the regression test were all OK.

I am trying to use your very convenient TCL/TK interface but am ending
up with a
"Connection to database failed" message.

I tested if there was something wrong with the postmaster deamon my
running the
following command on the terminal

>psql -u -h localhost template1
  (Psql with authencate and  hostname options)

and could connect to the template1 database without any problems.

My .pgaccessrc file is shown below;

----------------------
username

lastport 5432
autoload 1
tvfont
lasthost localhost
lastdb template1
password
rows 200

Can you please advice me about how to get the pgaccess to connect to ny
database.

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards

Venkatesh Raghavan