Re: [INTERFACES] Pgaccess database connection fails - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Constantin Teodorescu
Subject Re: [INTERFACES] Pgaccess database connection fails
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
Venkatesh Raghavan wrote:

> I am trying to use your very convenient TCL/TK interface but am ending
> up with a
> "Connection to database failed" message.
>
> I tested if there was something wrong with the postmaster deamon my
> running the
> following command on the terminal
>
> >psql -u -h localhost template1
>   (Psql with authencate and  hostname options)
>
> and could connect to the template1 database without any problems.

Is your postmaster running with -i option ?

I start my postmaster with

postmaster -i -o -e &

"-o -e" stands for options european date style.

But -i allows connections through tcp/ip ports.

--
Constantin Teodorescu
director FLEX Consulting Braila, ROMANIA