Re: [GENERAL] Problem with lo_export() and lo_import() from remote machine. - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Purusothaman A
Subject Re: [GENERAL] Problem with lo_export() and lo_import() from remote machine.
Date
List pgsql-admin
Thank you Marco Bizzarri.

My solution would be C API.

Thanks for you prompt response.

:)
Purusothaman A

On 9/11/06, Marco Bizzarri <marco.bizzarri@gmail.com> wrote:
On 9/11/06, Purusothaman A <purusothaman.a@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Marco Bizzarri and Martijn van Oosterhout,
>

> Thanks for your valuable reply.
>
> I am trying to execute all query from VC++ through
> CDatabase::ExecuteSQL(sQueryString) function call.
>
> ie, via programming, not by manual entering query statements.
> so, in my situation I can construct a string and pass on to this function to
> execute the query string.
>
> Whatever the string I pass to ExecuteSQL() function, gets executed and I
> cannot get any result retured from the passed query string [like OID -
> 198705, from lo_create()].

I'm not an expert in VC++. I think you should obtain some sort of
ResultSet object. You could then check that.

> Now, can you suggest me how to achieve it?
>
> And one more clarification, what is the value 131072? How can I get this
> vlaue?

This is actually 0x20000 value in decimal. Check large object
interface in postgresql documentation (C API).

> According to PostgreSQL documentation, they gave C Syntax as client side
> function.
>
> Should I use those C API calls?

If you're working from inside C, you can check:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.1/staticI /lo-interfaces.html

Regards
Marco