Re: [INTERFACES] ORB API - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Thomas G. Lockhart
Subject Re: [INTERFACES] ORB API
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
> > I believe that ORBit is the best candidate, though it's not yet
> > complete and its ability to interoperate with other implementations
> > is to be proven. But unlike others it doesn't require egcs or
> > OS thread support (omniORB). It is intended for real work, not

Someone might want to try implementing, as an experiment and demo, a
Corba packaging of Postgres using libpq on the _server side_. That way,
we can demonstrate functionality, interfacing, and performance without
ripping into the backend directly until we understand some of the
issues.

So:

  app (applix?)--corba stub--(otw i/f)--corba server-- \
    --wrapper code--libpq--(postgres socket i/f)--backend

We might want some real wrapper code to make it a real object-oriented
API to fit best with Corba.

                        - Tom