RE: [INTERFACES] ORB API - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Taral
Subject RE: [INTERFACES] ORB API
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
> I believe that ORBit is the best candidate, though it's not yet
> complete and its ability to interoperate with other implementations
> is to be proven. But unlike others it doesn't require egcs or
> OS thread support (omniORB). It is intended for real work, not
> for education (mico). It is in active development wich we can
> join to.

But does it fully support the basic CORBA 2.2 API *right now*? The point of
using mico was that we can easily switch ORBs later on since the 2.2 API is
so specific.

Example:

omniORB does not use the 2.2 perform_work()/run() functions, but instead has
an extension to the impl_is_ready() function. Although their implementation
is valid under 2.0, it is *not* valid under 2.2.

Taral