Re: [BUGS] BUG #14662: 'has_table_privilege()' function fails with error, "invalid name syntax" when using Japanese symbols - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [BUGS] BUG #14662: 'has_table_privilege()' function fails with error, "invalid name syntax" when using Japanese symbols
Date
Responses Re: [BUGS] BUG #14662: 'has_table_privilege()' function fails with error, "invalid name syntax" when using Japanese symbols  (Justin Muise <JMuise@esri.com>)
List pgsql-bugs
jmuise@esri.com writes:
> The 'has_table_privilege()' function will return the error, "invalid name
> syntax", when the table used in the function contains certain Japanese
> characters.

What character encoding are you using?  I'm suspicious that the underlying
problem is use of a non-ASCII-safe encoding (eg SJIS) on the client side,
combined with improper encoding conversion due to inaccurate
client_encoding and/or server_encoding settings.

FWIW, I can't reproduce any problem with your script here; but the
script arrived in what looks to be UTF8 encoding, and I suspect that
must not be what you were using when you hit the problem.