Re: hash_create(): check return code - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: hash_create(): check return code
Date
List pgsql-patches
Neil Conway <neilc@samurai.com> writes:
> I'm not really sure whether this is the correct fix, but it certainly
> seems wrong to be doing the check in some places and not in others.
> Another approach would be to elog(ERROR) when an error occurs in
> hash_create(), which would be fine except there might be some
> circumstances in which hash_create() is invoked but elog(ERROR) is not
> setup yet.

There are no places where hash_create is called before elog() is
functional.  I'd go for putting the error into hash_create, I think,
because I can't imagine any caller not wanting to error out.  (If
there is any such caller, it can always catch it with PG_TRY.)

            regards, tom lane