Re: hash_create(): check return code - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Neil Conway
Subject Re: hash_create(): check return code
List pgsql-patches
On Fri, 2004-10-22 at 16:13, Tom Lane wrote:
> There are no places where hash_create is called before elog() is
> functional.

Well, it's invoked from the statistics collector, which avoids doing
elog(ERROR) for some reason. But my guess is that it should be workable
to get elog(ERROR) / elog(FATAL) working in the statistics collector,
and it will mean a cleanup of existing code as well (which laboriously
invokes elog(LOG) followed by exit(1)). I'm working on that now...

-Neil