Re: BUG #16920: Can't compile PostGIS with MingW64 against PostgreSQL 14 head - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: BUG #16920: Can't compile PostGIS with MingW64 against PostgreSQL 14 head
Date
List pgsql-bugs
> On 2021-03-15 12:12:59 -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
>> Although I remain worried about this being an ABI break, I don't think
>> we are locked into it until we get to beta, or maybe even RC stage.

> Could it make sense to define sigjmp_buf as a union over the potentially
> needed implementations? That'd allow us to switch back without an ABI
> break  if we discover a problem with the gcc approach.

No, it'd still be an ABI break, because the setjmp and the longjmp calls
have to use the same implementation.  Ain't gonna work if elog.c tries
to throw via mingw's longjmp() while some extension contains a PG_TRY
that uses __builtin_setjmp().  Nor vice versa.

            regards, tom lane