Re: [HACKERS] Regression test status (was type coersion) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From David Hartwig
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Regression test status (was type coersion)
Date
List pgsql-hackers

Tom Lane wrote:

> > These results are also correct.  Somewhat.  I do not know much about
> > datatime porting issues, but if I do a:
> >     SELECT d1 FROM  DATETIME_TBL
> > I get time reported to the 1/100 of a second.  If GROUP BY d1 the
> > hundredths are not shown.  Thus, the counts and groupings are correct.
> > Its just not showing the hundredths portion.
>
> The issue here is why you (or whoever it was prepared the regression
> test) got different results from me...

I do get the same results - on my RS/6000.   And I did not prepare the
test.    But, to be more precise:

1. The failure does not indicate any problems w/ the HAVING clause.

2.  This test will never work if there is a machine dependence on the
ability to resolve datatime down to the 1/100 second.

3.   There appears to be something strange going on in the way GROUPed BY
datetime columns do not display the 1/100 portion of seconds.   Is this a
known problem?

Unless someone objects, I will submit a  test suit  to, at least remove the
false reading on select_having.