Re: [HACKERS] 6.4 Aggregate Bug - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From David Hartwig
Subject Re: [HACKERS] 6.4 Aggregate Bug
Date
List pgsql-hackers

Thomas G. Lockhart wrote:

> > I'll go ahead and commit the code tonight or tomorrow...
>
> OK, I committed the patches. They fix the
>
> SELECT NULL ORDER BY 1
>
> query problem, but do assign types for cases where they aren't assigned
> in the transformSortClause() procedure so may touch what David is
> doing??

Well if you meant that maybe it would fix the aggragate bug...no such luck.  :(   I will go ahead and submit my patch
soon.   I would like to get it out for review and use.  (Right now, I am busy updating my system to its knees)

BTW, The bug has nothing to do with my patch.   Except it does steal some of its thunder, by rendering a significant
portion of the newly available queries unusable.