Re: buildfarm + meson - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andrew Dunstan
Subject Re: buildfarm + meson
Date
List pgsql-hackers

On 2023-03-08 We 08:57, Andrew Dunstan wrote:

Hi,

On 2023-03-07 Tu 14:37, Andres Freund wrote:
The failures are like this:

+ERROR:  extension "dummy_index_am" is not available
+DETAIL:  Could not open extension control file "/home/bf/bf-build/piculet-meson/HEAD/inst/share/postgresql/extension/dummy_index_am.control": No such file or directory.
+HINT:  The extension must first be installed on the system where PostgreSQL is running.

I assume this is in an interaction with b6a0d469cae.

I think we need a install-test-modules or such that installs into the normal
directory.

Exactly.
Here's a prototype for that.

It adds an install-test-files target, Because we want to install into a normal
directory, I removed the necessary munging of the target paths from
meson.build and moved it into install-test-files. I also added DESTDIR
support, so that installing can redirect the directory if desired. That's used
for the tmp_install/ installation now.

I didn't like the number of arguments necessary for install_test_files, so I
changed it to use

--install target list of files

which makes it easier to use for further directories, if/when we need them.

So if I understand this right, the way to use this would be something like:

    local $ENV{DESTDIR} = $installdir;

    run_log("meson compile -C $pgsql install-test-files");

Is that right? I did that but it didn't work :-(

OK, tried without the `local` line and it worked, so let's push this.

cheers

andrew

--
Andrew Dunstan