FOREIGN KEY ... - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Pich LY
Subject FOREIGN KEY ...
Date
List pgsql-sql
Hi there,

I'm a french student at ESIGETEL, a school engineer specialized in
Networks and Telecommunications.

Now, I've some trouble with my end year project. We are 4 students
working on an local Intranet using PostgreSQL as the database manager
(and Apache as the HTTP server).

The problem is insignifiant : how can you declare an attribute as a
foreign key ?
The tables we are focus on are :
        CLIENT          FACTURATION
        ------          -----------
(pkey)  no_cli  <--\    no_factu        (pkey)
        client      \-- no_cli          (foreign key)
        adr_cli         adr_livr
        ...             ...

The query (in SQL language) used to declare the "FACTURATION" table is :
        CREATE TABLE Facturation
        (
                no_factu        INTEGER PRIMARY KEY,
                no_cli          INTEGER REFERENCES Client,
                adr_livr        VARCHAR(50),
        );

We can also use :
        CREATE TABLE Facturation
        (
                no_factu        INTEGER PRIMARY KEY,
                no_cli          INTEGER,
                adr_livr        VARCHAR(50),
                CONSTRAINT ct_factu REFERENCES (no_cli) FOREIGN KEY
Client (no_cli)
        );

But it doesn't seems to work ! "psql" gives us the following message :
        "NOTICE:  CREATE TABLE/FOREIGN KEY clause ignored: not yet
implemented"
!!!

What's the right syntaxe ???

Thanks for the help...