Re: Show dropped users' backends in pg_stat_activity - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Show dropped users' backends in pg_stat_activity
Date
Re: Show dropped users' backends in pg_stat_activity  (Oskari Saarenmaa <os@aiven.io>)
List pgsql-hackers
> I am not really in favor of half-fixing this.  If we can't
> conveniently wait until a dropped role is completely out of the
> system, then I don't see a lot of point in trying to do it in the
> limited cases where we can.  If LEFT JOIN is the way to go, then,
> blech, but, so be it.

I concur.  Let's put the left join(s) into those views and call it
good.

BTW, I think we would need the left joins even if we had interlocking
in DROP, just to protect ourselves against race conditions.  Remember
that what pg_stat_activity shows is a snapshot, which might be more or
less out of date compared to the catalog contents.