Trying to communicate to remote host via PG - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From The Web Administrator
Subject Trying to communicate to remote host via PG
Date
List pgsql-admin
Well, I have a nice little database that runs quite well, via a web
interface..
Moved the webpages and Cgi's to my production machaine, and can't access

the postmaster server...
I edited the pg_hba.conf file to allow access from the IP, and used the
trust method to get it up and running..(Do I need it in my /etc/services

file?)
I have changed the connect line in my script to include the dbhost=
option as below..
$conn=PG::connectdb("dbhost=<xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx>, dbname=<name>");
I can access it via the command line, as the same user....
psql -h <xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx> -d <name>

Any help?