Re: [BUGS] PostgreSQL Patch: Test-and-set routine for HP-UX (IA-64) - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [BUGS] PostgreSQL Patch: Test-and-set routine for HP-UX (IA-64)
Date
List pgsql-patches
"ViSolve Open Source Team" <opensrc_support_hp@visolve.com> writes:
> There are actually two issues:

> 1. There is currently no tas (test-and-set) routine for HP-UX IA-64  in the
> s_lock.h header file.
> 2. In HP-UX IA-64, the suffix of shared libraries is ".so", but PostgreSQL
> generates a ".sl" suffix.

> The attached patch fixes both issues.

The patch appears to do much more than that, including unspecified
hacking in genbki.sh, random alterations of the platform-specific
s_lock.h code for platforms other than HPUX, and I'm not sure what else.
Please try again.  Also, we'd rather have a patch against CVS tip
(7.4beta5 or later).

            regards, tom lane