Re: [HACKERS] Re: [QUESTIONS] Configuration problems in PostgreSQ L 6.3.2 on Linux-ELF - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Constantin Teodorescu
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Re: [QUESTIONS] Configuration problems in PostgreSQ L 6.3.2 on Linux-ELF
Date
List pgsql-hackers
The Hermit Hacker wrote:

>         There has to be a better method of determining this...doesn't
> there?  Is there a test we can add to configure to auto-determine an 'ELF'
> system?  Then just change the makefile so that it gets rid of the
> LINUX_ELF "stuff" with something that configure sets?
>
>         There, try that.  I have it so that if 'with-template' is
> linux_elf, it sets LINUX_ELF to yes in both Makefile's...let me know if
> that does it for you...

I have experimented right now.

I ran ./configure --with-template=linux-elf
It says that it will use template/linux-elf configuration file but I
looked into Makefiels in libpq and libpgtcl directories and none of them
contains LINUX_ELF=true

--
Constantin Teodorescu
FLEX Consulting Braila, ROMANIA