Re: libpgtcl instructions - undefined symbol crypt - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Constantin Teodorescu
Subject Re: libpgtcl instructions - undefined symbol crypt
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
Jerald Jackson wrote:

>   [root@jsjacks pg]# wish -f ./pgaccess.tcl
> Error in startup script: couldn't load file "libpgtcl.so":
> /usr/local/lib/libpq.so: undefined symbol: crypt
>     while executing
> "load libpgtcl.so"
>     (procedure "main" line 3)
>     invoked from within
> "main $argc $argv"
>     (file "./pgaccess.tcl" line 4521)
>
> Now I can get the pgaccess.tcl script to work by commenting out the
> "load libpgtcl.so"
> line, but is that going to cause me problems?

It seems that some port to FreeBSD didn't include the crypt library when
compiling libpgtcl interface and a -lcrypt has to be introduced in the
Makefile when linking the library.
Your error message seems to point to the same bug.
Unfortunately, on my distribution, RedHat 4.2 the interface libpgtcl.so
has fine and I didn't need that patch.

Maybe there is someone on this list that could help you.
Please let me know when you will be able to run PgAccess.

--
Constantin Teodorescu
FLEX Consulting Braila, ROMANIA