Re: [QUESTIONS] JDBC driver complications - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Peter T Mount
Subject Re: [QUESTIONS] JDBC driver complications
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
[redirected to the correct list]

On Tue, 7 Apr 1998, Ronald L Ortloff wrote:

> PostgreSQL people-
>
> I have installed the JDBC driver to the best of my knowledge and it does not
> seem to be working.  I tryed running one of the examples and here are the
> errors I get:
>
> at the command line I typed:
> java example.basic jdbc:postgresql:test guest welcome
>
> here is what happened:
> PostgreSQL basic test v6.3 rev 1
>
> Connecting to Database URL = jdbc:postgresql:test
> Exception caught.
> java.sql.SQLException: Connection failed: java.net.ConnectException: Connection
> refused
> java.sql.SQLException: Connection failed: java.net.ConnectException: Connection
> refused

Connection refused indicates that the postmaster is not listening to
tcp/ip connections. For JDBC to work, you must have the -i argument to the
postmaster, and have the pg_hba.conf file configured.

--
Peter T Mount  petermount@earthling.net or pmount@maidast.demon.co.uk
Main Homepage: http://www.demon.co.uk/finder