Re: [HACKERS] Open 6.3.1 issues - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Thomas G. Lockhart
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Open 6.3.1 issues
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> I would think we are safer by releasing a new diff.  The char2-16
> changes are the only ones I know of that should not have been applied
> (by me!), so we can back them out.  Just seems it is too easy to miss
> some part of the patch.

Well, we have the other side of the problem to worry about too: that
with changes in the source tree, there may be unanticipated interactions
with other patches when we are really trying to fix only 5 specific
problems.

I would like to do a test with specific patches on a clean v6.3.1
installation, and then we can compare the patches from my test with
patches from the CVS extraction. I'll isolate my "negative sign" fixes
(which I haven't yet committed to the source tree, but which I think
just need a reversion of scan.l/scan.c to the v6.3 release).

Can you (re)send me the patches for these others? I still have the
"memory leak" patches, but can't remember who posted the "index" and
"UNION" patches (were they all yours Bruce?? Probably gone from my mail
anyway).

                    - Tom