JDBC Error wtih 6.3 - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Schlough, Mark
Subject JDBC Error wtih 6.3
Date
Re: JDBC Error wtih 6.3  (Peter T Mount <pmount@maidast.demon.co.uk>)
List pgsql-interfaces
     Hi,

     I just installed PostgreSQL 6.3 two days ago. After getting the
     postmaster to run without getting the Memory errors that complain
     about the IPC stuff, I tried to get my java application running
again.

     I was using 6.2.1 and was able to get some of the database
     functionality working.  But when I run the SAME CODE with the 6.3
data
     base I get an SQLException error.  Connection Refused.

     I am able to look at the database with the psql interface and
create a
     table, when I run my java program to create a database I get the
     "Connection Refused" stuff.  I made sure that the postgresql.jar
files
     were replaced with the 6.3 versions.  No go.

     Any advice about this situation.  The "Java in a Nutshell" book
     suggested looking to see if the port was "on" or "listening."  I
know
     that its configured to use port 5432 (the default), but I don't
have
     any way of confirming that the port is listening.

     Can anybody help?

     Mark