Re: JDBC Error wtih 6.3 - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Peter T Mount
Subject Re: JDBC Error wtih 6.3
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
On Thu, 5 Mar 1998, Schlough, Mark wrote:

>      Hi,
>
>      I just installed PostgreSQL 6.3 two days ago. After getting the
>      postmaster to run without getting the Memory errors that complain
>      about the IPC stuff, I tried to get my java application running
> again.
>
>      I was using 6.2.1 and was able to get some of the database
>      functionality working.  But when I run the SAME CODE with the 6.3
> data
>      base I get an SQLException error.  Connection Refused.
>
>      I am able to look at the database with the psql interface and
> create a
>      table, when I run my java program to create a database I get the
>      "Connection Refused" stuff.  I made sure that the postgresql.jar

If the driver reports "Connection Refused" then there is nothing listening
on the server. Check the -i option to postmaster.

--
Peter T Mount  petermount@earthling.net or pmount@maidast.demon.co.uk
Main Homepage: http://www.demon.co.uk/finder