Re: attoptions - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alex Hunsaker
Subject Re: attoptions
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Jan 20, 2010 at 19:51, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 19, 2010 at 10:51 AM, Alex Hunsaker <badalex@gmail.com> wrote:
>> But yes, lets keep it simple for now.
>
> OK.  Updated patch attached.  Changes:
>
> - Incorporate your previous review patch.
> - Omit attacl and attoptions from hardcoded relation descriptor
> initializers so the whole thing still builds.

Seems to me a comment about the above might be nice.  Something like
/* Things after here are should always be default null */ in
pg_attribute.h ?

Other than the below it looks good to me.

*** a/src/backend/commands/tablecmds.c
--- b/src/backend/commands/tablecmds.c
***************
*** 2426,2437 **** ATPrepCmd(List **wqueue, Relation rel, AlterTableCmd *cmd,         case AT_SetOptions:        /*
ALTERCOLUMN SET ( options ) */         case AT_ResetOptions:    /* ALTER COLUMN RESET ( options ) */
ATSimplePermissionsRelationOrIndex(rel);
!             ATSimpleRecursion(wqueue, rel, cmd, recurse);             pass = AT_PASS_COL_ATTRS;             break;
    case AT_SetStorage:        /* ALTER COLUMN SET STORAGE */             ATSimplePermissions(rel, false);
!             /* This command never recurses */             /* No command-specific prep needed */             pass =
AT_PASS_COL_ATTRS;            break;
--- 2426,2437 ----         case AT_SetOptions:        /* ALTER COLUMN SET ( options ) */         case AT_ResetOptions:
 /* ALTER COLUMN RESET ( options ) */             ATSimplePermissionsRelationOrIndex(rel);
!             /* This command never recurses */             pass = AT_PASS_COL_ATTRS;             break;         case
AT_SetStorage:       /* ALTER COLUMN SET STORAGE */             ATSimplePermissions(rel, false);
!             ATSimpleRecursion(wqueue, rel, cmd, recurse);             /* No command-specific prep needed */
 pass = AT_PASS_COL_ATTRS;             break;