Re: [HACKERS] Permissions on copy - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Mattias Kregert
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Permissions on copy
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Bruce Momjian wrote:

> Yes, I agree the Informix way of having load/unload, and having a SELECT
> capability so you can dump any data/join you want, not just a single
> table.  Do I have votes to put this on the TODO list?

I guess this means that it would be possible to load (for example)
a file with 2 columns into a table with 3 columns? Like this:
  load "my2columnsfile" insert into mytable (mycol13, mycol1);

Another thing which would be nice is to be able to select only some
of the columns from the file, like this:
  load myfile(1,2,5) insert into mytable (x, y, z);

This would be very useful (for me, at least).

The 'raw' COPY should be restricted to superuser only, so that no user
can bypass views, triggers and so on.

/* m */