Re: [HACKERS] Permissions on copy - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Permissions on copy
Date
List pgsql-hackers

> Since the copy statement is behaving differently than the normal select
> stuff,
> I think we should eighter introduce a new permission (name it copy or dump)
> or include the copy into the rewrite system.
>
> I would vote for the first and implement a new command:
>     unload to <filename> [delimiter '|'] <select statement>;    -- and
>     load from <filename> [delimiter '|'] <insert statement>;
> that does behave like the select.      (please forgive my Informix
> background)

Yes, I agree the Informix way of having load/unload, and having a SELECT
capability so you can dump any data/join you want, not just a single
table.  Do I have votes to put this on the TODO list?

--
Bruce Momjian
maillist@candle.pha.pa.us