Permissions on copy - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Zeugswetter Andreas SARZ
Subject Permissions on copy
Date
Re: [HACKERS] Permissions on copy  (Bruce Momjian <maillist@candle.pha.pa.us>)
List pgsql-hackers
Since the copy statement is behaving differently than the normal select
stuff,
I think we should eighter introduce a new permission (name it copy or dump)
or include the copy into the rewrite system.

I would vote for the first and implement a new command:
    unload to <filename> [delimiter '|'] <select statement>;    -- and
    load from <filename> [delimiter '|'] <insert statement>;
that does behave like the select.      (please forgive my Informix
background)

As to the topic with setuid triggers and others, I think setuid procedures
would be sufficient.
These are implemented in Informix with the following simple syntax:
create dba procedure ....

Andreas