Re: [HACKERS] Here it is - view permissions - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Mattias Kregert
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Here it is - view permissions
Date
Re: [HACKERS] Here it is - view permissions  (The Hermit Hacker <scrappy@hub.org>)
Re: [HACKERS] Here it is - view permissions  (Bruce Momjian <maillist@candle.pha.pa.us>)
List pgsql-hackers
Bruce Momjian wrote:

> OK, but why would anyone want the old behavior?
>
> I guess if you have a table that is not select-able by everyone, and you
> create a view on it, the default permits will allow select to others.
> You would have to set the permit on that view.  Is there more to that
> pg_class flag you want to add?

Why does views default to 'select' permission for 'public'?
I think most people will never think of the possibility that others
will be able to SELECT their data through views.
Should not 'create view' at least print a NOTICE about this?

/* m */