Re: [HACKERS] Running pgindent - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Thomas G. Lockhart
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Running pgindent
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Bruce Momjian wrote:

> I want to run pgindent before the final release.  Who has outstanding
> patches they are sitting on that would be affected by this?  Only places
> where we have added non-conforming code would be affected.

Ack! Can you make at least three changes to pgindent before doing this?

1) for functions which look like
  datetime *
  abstime_datetime(int4 x)
  {
do not put a tab (or extra spaces) between "datetime" and "*".

For the end of functions which look like
  } /* abstime_datetime() */

do not put any tabs (or just one) between the "{" and the comment.

Also, some comments get wrapped to the next line, making some ugly sources;
perhaps pgindent should not touch comment lines at all? Or at least keep
things on the same line, messing with the tabbing only??