Re: pg_xlogdump - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: pg_xlogdump
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Well, it is broken for xlogdump because it needs a sourcetree arround.

> All I personally really want to do is to replace the usual stanza for
> pg_xlogdump with something like:

> ifdef USE_PGXS
> $(error Building pg_xlogdump with PGXS is not supported)
> else

Seems reasonable.  But let's not break the cases that do work.  One
of the functions of contrib/ is to serve as models/skeletons for
external modules.  If we pull out the "useless" PGXS support then we'll
just be making it that much harder to copy a contrib module and start
doing something useful.