Re: Duplicate Symbols - Compiler Warnings - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Duplicate Symbols - Compiler Warnings
Date
List pgsql-general
Terry Lee Tucker <terry@chosen-ones.org> writes:
> Didn't get any nibbles on this one. Can anybody provide any insight on this?

You're complaining in the wrong place ... I dunno what perlAPI.c is, but
it's not part of Postgres.

FWIW, plperl.c seems to work around the issue this way:

#include "postgres.h"
/* Defined by Perl */
#undef _

// include Perl headers here

I'm not sure that's entirely the right solution, because Perl's _ macro
is 100% useless in any project that considers ANSI C a prerequisite,
whereas ours could be useful ... but right now plperl doesn't have any
localization so it doesn't need the _ macro anyway.

            regards, tom lane