Re: Duplicate Symbols - Compiler Warnings - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Terry Lee Tucker
Subject Re: Duplicate Symbols - Compiler Warnings
Date
List pgsql-general
On Thursday 17 April 2008 19:32, Tom Lane wrote:
> Terry Lee Tucker <terry@chosen-ones.org> writes:
> > Didn't get any nibbles on this one. Can anybody provide any insight on
> > this?
>
> You're complaining in the wrong place ... I dunno what perlAPI.c is, but
> it's not part of Postgres.
>
> FWIW, plperl.c seems to work around the issue this way:
>
> #include "postgres.h"
> /* Defined by Perl */
> #undef _
>
> // include Perl headers here
>
> I'm not sure that's entirely the right solution, because Perl's _ macro
> is 100% useless in any project that considers ANSI C a prerequisite,
> whereas ours could be useful ... but right now plperl doesn't have any
> localization so it doesn't need the _ macro anyway.
>
>    regards, tom lane

Tom,

Thanks for the reply. I've implemented your suggestion and the warning goes
away. perlAPI.c is our own source file of functions which allows access to
the Perl interpreter which is linked in with the application. We use this to
access various Perl hashes that configure and control the system. We'll do
some serious testing to see if I've broken anything.

As usual, thanks for your invaluable assistance...

--
Terry Lee Tucker
Turbo's IT Manager