Re: pg_dump output containing CREATE TYPE does not restore with psql - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: pg_dump output containing CREATE TYPE does not restore with psql
Date
List pgsql-general
"Harry Hehl" <Harry.Hehl@diskstream.com> writes:
> The restore fails with:

> psql:x:384: ERROR:  foreign key constraint "accepttaskevent" cannot be
> implemented
> DETAIL:  Key columns "accepttaskevent" and "objectid" are of
> incompatible types: public.ds_uuid and public.ds_uuid.

This seems to be a variant of the problem discussed here:
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2006-02/msg00284.php

I thought we had fixed it in 8.1.3, but apparently there's another
problem behind that one :-(.  Your best short-term answer may be to
create the uuid type and its operators in the pg_catalog schema.

            regards, tom lane