Re: pg_dump output containing CREATE TYPE does not restore with psql - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: pg_dump output containing CREATE TYPE does not restore with psql
Date
List pgsql-general
I wrote:
> "Harry Hehl" <Harry.Hehl@diskstream.com> writes:
>> The restore fails with:

>> psql:x:384: ERROR:  foreign key constraint "accepttaskevent" cannot be
>> implemented
>> DETAIL:  Key columns "accepttaskevent" and "objectid" are of
>> incompatible types: public.ds_uuid and public.ds_uuid.

> This seems to be a variant of the problem discussed here:
> http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2006-02/msg00284.php

Actually, it's exactly the problem discussed in this thread:
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2006-02/msg00960.php

We had more or less arrived at a consensus about what to do about it,
but nothing ever actually got done, and I fear it's too late now for
8.2 :-(

            regards, tom lane